It is located on the bunch of the Nistru River, at the distance of 15 km from Otaci town. It is a friary. In 1777, with the blessing of bishop Inochentie from Husi a Moldovan style stone temple celebrating Holy Trinity festival was funded. It was built on the estate of brothers Andronachi and Teodor Rudea with the financial support of the noble man Donciu from Mavilau (Podolia).

In 1846, local authorities took the decision to close Rudi Monastery temple; it was taken under the guidance of Rudi village parish. Mihai Rosea - a near relation to Bogus became the monastery proprietary, he transformed the holy place into an inhabitancy for servants. The monastic complex was abandoned and partially demolished.

On October 24, 1921 with the support of Archbishop Visarion Puiu, Rudi Monastery was reopened. Its restoration was approved by local authorities. In 1921, Rudi temple was included into the list of historical monuments well-formed according to the old Moldovan style.

In 1948 Archbishop Benedict of Chisinau city was ordered and imposed to close Rudi Monastery. According to local witnesses, the monastery estate was confiscated, its monks taking refuge in other monasteries. The monastic complex was transformed into an orphanage, and later, it became a hospital for children. The Holy Trinity temple became a deposit.

In 1990 the hospital was evacuated, two years later being lost empty. In 1992, Rudi Monastery was settled by three monks: the priest Malchisedec and two monks from Romania. In 1993, renovation works began at the monastery. A year later, the Holy Trinity restoration also commenced.


All additional info's by phone: